Friday, December 8, 2023
HomeEntertainmentSeason 2 of “The Project – Open Mic” Rounds off. Summary of...

Season 2 of “The Project – Open Mic” Rounds off. Summary of the Journey so far.

The Project is Cameroon’s number one and finest talent searching television shows. The winner of her first edition dubbed The Project Gospel was SENTMAN Kaah.

This second edition of the show dubbed “Open Mic” kicked off in the second half of 2018 and was broadcasted on CRTV hosted by Jeff and Ingrid White.

Jeff and Ingrid: Hosts of “The Project Open Mic”
Jeff and Ingrid: Hosts of “The Project Open Mic”

The Project is a concept created by Cameroonian Event’s organizers and TV Producer, CEO of Bliss International Holdings, Chi Chi Ladislav who thought of The Project as an educative platform through a music and other talent competition as a way of enterprising gifts and talents.

Chi Chi Ladislav
CEO of Bliss International Holdings
Chi Chi Ladislav
CEO of Bliss International Holdings

The Project opened up its microphones through its auditions in different towns around Cameroon in the second half of last year searching for diversity and talent. In the quest to exhibit full potentials, hundreds registered to participate in this edition, 8 candidates advanced to the semifinals and continued the adventure. The 8 semi finalists included; Kinash, Marie Nas, Miss D, B. Bright, Victorien, Glory, Joy Diva and Florence.

The Project semi Finalists

These 8 candidates were coached by special trainers, coaches and sound engineers like Emil Ngumbah and Philipo Samsinoo as well as working sessions on music business, talent and career development and orientation, stage performance etc.

Morning Vocal training against the semi Finals with Vocal Coach
Philipo Samsinoo

They then performed one common song at the semifinals and relied on a jury composed of Taphis, Pamela Moudime and Gervais Ngongang who had 60% of the decision and remaining 40% on public votes.

Jury of The Project Semi Finals

Joy Diva, B. Bright, Marie Nas and Victorien all advanced to the finals and they were adopted by four top music producers of their respective regions. The producers produced songs for these finalists who performed the songs live at the Grand Finals that took place this past Sunday 21st April 2019 with main judges, Emil Ngumbah, Pamela Moudime and Gervais Ngongang.

The Project OPEN MIC finalists

The winner of “The Project” Season 2 will walk home with 1 000 000 FCFA while the second position will get a surprised package from Cameroonian professional footballer, Eyong Enow, all winners shall be unveiled during the next broadcast on CRTV.

Please subscribe and stay tuned to KESA as we’ll break the news first hand when the winners are unveiled.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

What's New

Most Popular